The European LEADER Association for Rural Development held its 4th Council Meeting in Brussels on Wednesday the 7th of December 2011.
The central theme of the meeting was the new EARDF regulation along with the Common Strategic Framework of which the members of ELARD had the chance to hear from first hand by a DG AGRI official present at the meeting. A discussion and question and answer session followed.
An additional high point of the Council Meeting was the first time presence of numerous new members of the Association who had the chance to get to know the ELARD family members in person and present the progress and/or difficulties in the implementation of LEADER in their own countries. The new members present in the Council came from: Croatia, Denmark, Estonia and Sweden.
During the Council Meeting the members of ELARD were invited to decide on the new applications from Networks and LAGs wishing to join the Association. LEADER Folkungaland LAG from Sweden, the Estonian LEADER Network and the Rural Development Network of the Republic of Macedonia were unanimously welcomed as new members of ELARD.
Finally, a series of organizational matters were discussed setting up the course of action of the Association for the coming months.
The members of ELARD participating in the meeting were the following:
- Petri Rinne, ELARD President/ Finnish Network SYTY.
- Panagiotis Patras, ELARD Vice President/Greek LEADER Network.
- Pal Hajas, Cserhatalja LAG – Hungary.
- Marcel Denis, LEADER France.
- Lund Kirsten Birke, LAG Representative in Monitoring Committee - Denmark.
- Romina Zago, Assogal Toscana – Italy.
- Catia Segnini, Assogal Toscana – Italy.
- Josep Tortosa, REDR – Spain.
- Tiina Sergo, LAG East Harju Partnership – Estonia.
- Kristiina Liimand, Estonian LEADER Network.
- Mare Sikkut, Estonian LEADER Network.
- Jaar Vitsur, LAG Raplamaa Partnership – Estonia.
- Marie Jose Murciano, REDR – Spain.
- Bruno Echterbille, Wallonia Rural Foundation – Belgium.
- Marina Koprivnjak, Croatian Rural Development Network.
- Guoda Burokiene, Lithuanian Rural Communities Union.
- Virginija Setkiene, Lithuanian Rural Communities Union.
- Ulf Gustafsson, LAG LEADER Folkungaland – Sweden.
- Radim Sresen, Czech National LAG’s Network.
- Maura Walsh, Irish Rural Development Network/ IRD Duhallow LAG.
- Eileen Linehan, Irish Local Development Network/IRD Duhallow LAG.
- Jarck Roche, Irish Local Development Network.
A copy of the Agenda of the meeting can be found here.